PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS Team - Full Year
We have some terrific Programs & Workshops coming in 2023! You won't want to miss them!
- Starting in January 2023 our Guild meetings will be in our new location, El Corazon Senior Center, located at 3302 Senior Center Drive, Oceanside CA 92056. 9:30-noon.
- Our Workshops will continue to be held at Quilt in a Day, located at 1955 Diamond Street, San Marcos, CA 92078. With the EXCEPTION of our February workshop, which will be held at Grand Country Quilters located at 823 S. Grand Avenue, San Marcos, CA 92078. 9:30-3:30.
- Plan to join us and bring some friends! Meetings are open to the public for a small fee of $10. Workshops are open to the public if space is available one week prior to the workshop.
- Members can register for workshops at the guild meetings or on-line, under the calendar tab click the workshop you are interested in. Here are some of our upcoming programs and workshop...
Our February Guest Speaker is Jean Impey, who will be sharing her lecture on an "Insiders Look Into The Textile Industry." She will provide insight about the fabric industry, highlighting Hoffman Fabrics. Jean has been their ambassador, working with the family, designing patterns, handling the challenges and providing insider tours. SewJean.com
Our March Meeting will feature Quilters University, which consists of many mini workshops provided by some of our guild experts! See the mini-class listing below.
- "Paper Piecing". If you have never tried paper piecing, Linda will walk you through the basics, along with some tips for success and sources for free patterns. Taught by Linda Stanwood
- "Fabric Bowls". Taught by Alice Courteau
- "The Care and Feeding of your Singer Featherweight". You will hear a small history lesson on the Featherweight along with "dos and don'ts", and tips and tricks on how to oil, grease and clean your machine. Taught by Tom and Jeanette Blackburn
- "Best Pressing Techniques". Taught by Wendy Mathson
- "Fusible Fabric Greeting Cards". At this "Make and Take" demonstration you will use fabric scraps, buttons, cardstock and fusible web to make a simple greeting card and get tips and tricks for even more uses for your leftover scraps. Here's your chance to impress your friends by sending them a card you made yourself! Taught by Susan Stanchfield
- "Tools and Rulers". Taught by Kathy Proctor
- "Quilt Labels". Come and see Cindy share the failures and success of her label making experiments, including samples that have been laundered. Taught by Cindy Stephen
- "Binding with Flanges". Taught by Sharon Cooperson
- "English Paper Piecing" is a very traditional hand sewing technique. You can do it with many shapes and sizes. It is fun to put shapes together to make larger patterns and designs. You will see examples of simple projects as well as more complicated projects. Come and see the basics of how it is done! Taught by Linda Pupols
- "Crazy Patch Paper Piecing". Come and see how it is done! Taught by Sandy Buckley
- "Machine Binding". Come and see Julie's tried and true method! Taught by Julie Calvario
- "Applique Basics" with freezer paper and starch. Come and see how fast and easy this method of applique is! You can finish the edges of your design using hand stitching, or use your sewing machine for a fancy edge stitch. Taught by Jan Manning
You won't want to miss our April Lecturer, Jaimie L. Davis of Loopy Tulips Designs! www.loopytulips.com
Formerly a scientist, Jaimie Davis is an award-winning quilter who began quilting in 1993. In addition to making quilts, she designs patterns, kits and technique-based workshops and travels widely to teach for quilt guilds, retreats and quilting festivals.
Her work has been shown in national and international exhibits including the International Quilt Show in Houston, Texas and the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, California.
Jaimie draws inspiration from color and curvy lines and loves to add a touch of whimsey to every project.
She and her husband live in Portland, Oregon with a whole bunch of quilts, a lot of great books, a turtle their kids left behind and a never-ending supply of Diet Coke.
Our May Guest Speaker is our very own Karen Brow-Meier of JavaHouse Quilts! Karen's lecture will be on "The Magic of Movement In Quilts." So you ask, "Why should we concern ourselves with creating movement in our quilt compositions?" The answer is simple...."Interest." See the calendar for more on Karen and her workshop.
Our June Guest Speaker is Candyce "Candy" Grisham! Candy will be providing her lecture entitled, "Dresden Reimagined"! Candy will discuss how she takes this classic quilt block and morph into a block that will appeal to even the most modern sensibilities! ICandyFiberArt.Com. See the calendar for more on Candy and her workshop.
Our July speaker is Lauretta Crites! You won't want to miss it! Lauretta will be bringing us her lecture entitled, "CREATE! Keys to Unlocking Your Creative Power." Lear the AMAZING power hiding in your passion for quilting. See the calendar for more on Lauretta and her workshop.
This month, our guest speaker is Emily Baily of AuntEmsQuilts. Emily will give her lecture entitled, "When Life Falls To Pieces, Make a Quilt!" Emily loves the creative process, and wants to help you gain the confidence to create without fear of frustration. See the calendar for more on Emily and her workshop.
Our September guest speaker is Linda Sullivan, who will be presenting her "Got Color? The Ultimate Color Lecture." Linda will use her charm and humor to discuss how she works with color to bring her quilts to life! She was such a hit last year that we just had to bring her back! ColourWerx.com. See the calendar for more on Linda and her workshop
Our October speaker is Pam Hadfield of MamaPQuilts! Pam has won multiple awards in local Quilt Guild shows, Road to California, Nashville,TN, Grand Rapids, MI, and Paducah, KY. Her quilts have been exhibited in Houston International Quilt Show and many others. See the calendar for more on Pam and her workshop
Join us for a special event including philanthropy highlights and much more. More information to come!
Guild Holiday Party - No Guild Meeting This Month!
Wishing You The Happiest of Holidays & New Year!