Meetings and Workshops
To learn more about the 2023 meetings below, register for a workshop, or see other upcoming activity, view our Calendar of Events.
- February 2023: Jean Impey provides our guild lecture on "All About Fabric" & an inside look at Hoffman Fabrics of Mission Viejo, CA (Feb 14th, 2023).
- Jean will provide her " Fabulous Faces" workshop at special location: Grand Country Quilters (which has just reopened with new owners) on Wed. Feb 15th 2023 from 9:30 - 3:30pm.
- Supply List **SORRY -- CLASS IS FULL!**
March 2023: We will present a new guild favorite...ECQ University by our amazing Guild Experts. These fun technique driven mini workshops will happen during our regularly scheduled meeting. See the mini-class listing below
"Paper Piecing". Taught by Linda Stanwood
"Fabric Bowls". Taught by Alice Courteau
"The Care and Feeding of your Singer Featherweight". You will hear a small history lesson on the Featherweight along with "dos and don'ts", and tips and tricks on how to oil, grease and clean your machine. Taught by Tom and Jeanette Blackburn
"Best Pressing Techniques". Taught by Wendy Mathson
"Fusible Fabric Greeting Cards". At this "Make & Take" demonstration you will use fabric scraps, buttons, cardstock and fusible web to make a simple greeting card and get tips and tricks for even more uses for your leftover scraps. Here's your chance to impress your friends by sending them a card you made yourself! Taught by Susan Stanchfield
"Tools and Rulers". Taught by Kathy Proctor
"Quilt Labels". Taught by Cindy Stephen
"Binding with Flanges". Dress us your binding with this fun and easy technique! Taught by Sharon Cooperson
"English Paper Piecing" is a very traditional hand sewing technique. You can do it with many shapes and sizes. It is fun to put shapes together to make larger patterns and designs. You will see examples of simple projects as well as more complicated projects. Come and see the basics of how it is done! Taught by Linda Pupols
"Crazy Patch Paper Piecing". Come and see how it is done! Taught by Sandy Buckley
"Machine Binding". Come and see Julie's tried and true method! Taught by Julie Calvario
"Applique Basics" with freezer paper and starch. Come and see how fast and easy this method of applique is! You can finish the edges of your design using hand stitching, or use your sewing machine for a fancy edge stitch. Taught by Jan Manning
April 2023 : You won't want to miss our April Lecturer, Jaimie L. Davis of Loopy Tulips Designs (www.loopytulips.com). Jaimie, a former scientist, is an award-winning quilter who loves making quilts. Jaime's lecture is titled "The History and Mystery of Baltimore Quilts". Amongst her many outlets, she designs patterns, kits, and travels all over the United States teaching her technique-based workshops. Jamie will present her "Baltimore Blooms" workshop -- taking a traditional block and adding some incredible dimensional features to really make this project pop! It takes the block to a whole other level. Please note: This class requires the purchase of a class kit (in addition to your class fee). You'll even get to choose from a few different colorways!
- May 2023 : Our May Guest Speaker is our very own Karen Brow-Meier of JavaHouse Quilts! Karen's lecture will be "Movin'On" The Magic of Movement In Quilts. So you ask, "Why should we concern ourselves with creating movement in our quilt compositions?" The answer is simple...."Interest." Karen will be teaching her "Elephant Walk/Infrognito" block quilts. Attendees can choose which quilt they'd like to work on and the pattern will be included in the cost of the class. These vivd, happy, and whimsical quilts would make an incredible baby shower gift or present for a special little person. Karen will share all her tips and tricks for making these quilts come together beautifully!
- June 2023: Our June Guest Speaker is Candyce "Candy" Grisham ( ICandyFiberArt.Com.). Candy will be providing her lecture entitled, "Dresden Reimagined" and her workshop entitled "Modern Dresden". Candy will discuss how she takes this classic quilt block and morph into a block that will appeal to even the most modern sensibilities! Candy will show how she morphs such an iconic block into a pattern that fits in with current day sensibilites. Trust us -- This is not your grandma's dresden plate...it is so much better!
- July 2023: Our July speaker is Lauretta Crites (laurettacrites.com)! You won't want to miss it! Lauretta will be bringing us her lecture entitled, "Create! Keys to Unlocking Your Creative Power." Learn the AMAZING power hiding in your passion for quilting. On Wednesday, July 12th, join Lauretta at Quilt In A Day for her "Painted Tyvek Koi Fish" workshop. You'll learn how to take tyvek and paint and make these stunning fish come to life!
- August 2023: This month, our guest speaker is Emily Baily of AuntEmsQuilts. Emily will give her lecture entitled, "When Life Falls To Pieces, Make a Quilt!" Emily loves the creative process, and wants to help you gain the confidence to create without fear of frustration. Emily's workshop is entitled "Getting the Most Or of Your Die Cutting System - Making Piecing Fun!" See the calendar for more on Emily and her workshop.
- September 2023 Our September guest speaker is Linda Sullivan, who will be presenting her "Got Color? The Ultimate Color Lecture." Linda will use her charm and humor to discuss how she works with color to bring her quilts to life! She was such a hit last year that we just had to bring her back! Linda's workshop is entitled "Two Techniques in One - Topaz!". ColourWerx.com. See the calendar for more on Linda and her workshop
- OCTOBER 2023: Our October speaker is Pam Hadfield of MamaPQuilts! Pam has won multiple awards in local Quilt Guild shows, Road to California, Nashville,TN, Grand Rapids, MI, and Paducah, KY. Her quilts have been exhibited in Houston International Quilt Show and many others. Pam will be presenting a Trunk Show and her workshop is entitled "Crazy Christmas Trees" Table Runner. See the calendar for more on Pam and her workshop
- NOVEMBER 2023: Join us for a special event including philanthropy highlights and much more. More information to come!
- DECEMBER 2023: Guild Holiday Party - No Guest Speaker or Workshop This Month!
The Programs team is already booking talented speakers for 2024. Please let us know if you have a suggestion for a speaker or a topic/technique that might appeal to our group! Call Carrie Suggett at 714-381-4146.
Questions about our Workshops? Contact our workshop team at